Some patients consult with long toes that require shortening. This enables them to feel more comfortable when they wear open-toed, fashionable footwear. This procedure is a popular procedure and is carried out on a regular basis by Mr Steven Finney or Mr.Tony Wilkinson. If you have been to your gp and find that you are on a waiting list our procedures are carried out at a dedicated Hospital for for all types of foot and toe pain. Our dedicated team of professionals will discuss in great detail what procedure is best for the individual. Our staff are hand picked for their care and dedication in getting the best possible outcome.
Surgery at our hospital is available to straighten toes, thereby removing the pressure sites responsible for painful skin lesions such as corns and callouses.
Why come to The Yorkshire foot Hospital for Hammertoe surgery?
Highly skilled Podiatric surgery team
In house Physio
well managed post operative care.
24 hr on call service.
Why have Hammer toe surgery?
- Corrects the toe deformity
- Cosmetic appearance
- Removes pressure sites
- Removes pressure lesions (Corns)
- Reduces pain
- Return to lovely footwear
- Straight toes
- Surgical recovery is generally 2 weeks after which patients can begin to return to normal activities and footwear, should a digit be fused, wire fixation is usually left in place for up to 4 weeks
- Payment plans available ask at reception.