Some patients consult with long toes that require shortening. This enables them to feel more comfortable when they wear open-toed, fashionable footwear. This procedure is a popular procedure and is carried out on a regular basis by Mr Steven Finney or Mr.Tony Wilkinson. If you have been to your gp and find that you are on a waiting list our procedures are carried out at a dedicated Hospital for for all types of foot and toe pain.
Surgery at our hospital is available to straighten toes, thereby removing the pressure sites responsible for painful skin lesions such as corns and callouses.
- Corrects the toe deformity
- Removes pressure sites
- Removes pressure lesions (Corns)
- Reduces pain
- Improves footwear comfort
- Surgical recovery is generally 2 weeks after which patients can begin to return to normal activities and footwear, should a digit be fused, wire fixation is usually left in place for up to 4 weeks
- Payment plans available ask at reception.