The most common foot condition we treat is a Bunion. A bunion is a bony deformity of the joint at the base of the big toe. The medical name is hallux valgus.
The main sign of a bunion is the big toe pointing towards the other toes on the same foot, which may force the foot bone attached to it (the first metatarsal) to stick outwards. Bunions may be extremely painful and make it difficult to wear shoes. They are also formed when the big toe loses its flexibility to bend during walking. Experts suggest that bunions are hereditary and not caused but aggravated by badly fitting footwear. Many people are waiting on a list for this type of surgery,at The Yorkshire foot Hospital we can often do a patients procedure within the month, payment plans are available with 0% finance. Who can be effected by Bunions? bunions can start from an early age and is a hereditary condition, patients can get worse from ill fitting shoes which can then in return cause pain.
Bunions can effect both Women and Men, women often complain that they can not wear the shoes they want to, men will complain that they cant get in to their running shoes or can not wear fashionable shoes as their foot seems to have widened due to the bunion.
Symptoms may include:
– A swollen, bony bump on the outside edge of your foot.
– Pain and swelling over your big toe joint that’s made worse by pressure from wearing shoes.
– Hard, callused and red skin caused by your big toe and second toe overlapping.
– Sore skin over the top of the bunion.
– Changes to the shape of your foot, making it difficult to find shoes that fit.
If you are having problems getting into your shoes, please give the clinic a call on 0113 290 0310 our staff will arrange an appointment to see our consultants.
Here at The Yorkshire Foot Hospital:
– Bunion Surgery is always under local anesthetic. Why choose the Yorkshire foot Hospital ? Yorkshire foot Hospitals consultants have the very best results for this condition, treatment is quick and recovery is around 6 weeks, You can be back in your trainers within 2 weeks.
patients can begin to return to normal activities and footwear.
– All inclusive packages of care- Payment plans available at request.